22 October 2007

Duplication

Been a busy little bee, packing up the house, wrapping up things in SC, recuperating from our 4 day Bahamas trip, and creating an influx of orders. I think each subject requires a separate post, but for now, I'll succinctly say: I wish I could duplicate myself, a la Michael Keaton. I'm dismantling my studio/office, which means all orders placed from now until November 1 will have a 1-2 week lag time. Need I mention that the Bahama coast exceeded my expectations? Plumb tuckered out my Behbeh, though. And I am so thankful for all the trust and love of my shop's customers! Sometimes I feel so cyber-alone parked in front of my laptop, but then God sprinkles motivation to keep on truckin'. Receiving an order: it's the same feeling I get when I have a fork poised over a warm, gooey, buttery Cinnabon concoction glistening in its paper box. The last time I had one was 2 years ago, by sheer will. Can you tell our pantry is being packed up and we stopped going to the market in an effort to stagnate our fridge? Countdown to Los Angeles: 5 days...

2 comments:

Erin Branham said...

New top your blog, found you on poppytalk, love your work- so cute and saucy! I'll visit often.

laure is at home at home said...

Yay! Los Angeles. That's where I am. It sounds like you're moving here, and if so welcome welcome. We're nice I swear, just not on the road!